Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My team works with universities in Berlin, but other Campus Crusade for Christ ministries have a  presence in the city, too.  Today, we had the Berliner Treffen, which is a meeting where all of us come together.  Members of my team were able to share what's planned for the universities, and we heard from people involved in ministry to athletes and someone whose ministry is to businesspeople.  Sharing in prayer for these things was great, and I was encouraged by what the Lord is doing in each of these areas and the vision He's given.

So last night, I made a coffee cake for the meeting today.  I love to bake, and let me tell you:  this is a really fun experience in another country.  My roommate and I went to the grocery store to find what I needed, which was an adventure.  Check out these ingredients:
If you can't tell, they are: (back, from left to right) sour cream-- looks like yogurt containers; flour; brown sugar; white sugar; butter.  In front, the little vials have vanilla-- not the same, but similar enough; and the little packet of "Back-pulver" is baking powder.

After measurement conversions, temperature conversion, and subsitutions... the finished product, though not the same, was edible!  The middle was a little gooey, though... but that's nothing new for me-- I almost always under-bake...

Tomorrow afternoon, we get to spend some time on campus!  Classes start this month, so tomorrow we'll do some planning for that within our campus teams-- you can pray for us!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have tasted your coffee cake! I bet it's fun going to the store to see all those different ingredients. You will have to try a german type food to make soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete