Thursday, September 30, 2010

I was encouraged by this verse recently:
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.  Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock."  Isaiah 26:3-4
Weather in Berlin:  This morning I could see my breath!

Apartment update:  Between several different members of the team, we've seen some good apartments this week... please pray that one of the landlords would choose our application out of the (potentially) many!

Team Role:  In addition to finding out what campus we'll be working on, we've also learned our roles on our STINT team.  I will be serving by fostering community and encouraging love and bonding among the team.  I'll also be helping with worship-- we will soon be preparing for worship at a fall retreat for students!

Alpha Course:  This is a great event, and I'm excited to be on the planning committee for it.  It's a multi-week course in which people can come, share in food and community, and then learn about and discuss the basics of Christianity.  We'll begin the course with a launch party the first week in November!

Observation
*Eggs aren't always refrigerated!  It's possible that this also happens in the States-- I've just never encountered it.  A teammate and I were looking at various jams and honey at the grocery store, and sitting near them, with no form of refrigeration, were cartons of eggs.  I like that.

1 comment:

  1. Eggs weren't refrigerated in China. There were just plastic mop buckets full of them for sale (by the kg rather than dozen) in the market, outside in the blazing sun. I figured if it didn't work for them they wouldn't do it, so I chose not to worry about it. Never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete