Saturday, September 25, 2010

On Wednesday, we took a train to another part of Germany for the conference.  Meeting other Campus Crusade university workers in Germany was great, and we were able to hear about different events for this year in which the students can take part.  Some of the meetings were held in English, and other parts in German-- people translated for those of us who don't really speak the language yet!

We're still praying for an apartment... but, I bought a bike!  It may take me a bit to feel totally comfortable riding it along the sidewalks (dodging people, and all...) but it was a good price, and it'll be a fun mode of transportation.

Observation:

*German bowling-- called kegeln-- is really fun.  Rather than knocking down as many pins as possible each time you throw, you bowl for your team, and collectively you have to knock down five pins five different times, four pins four different times, etc., and six pins four times, seven pins three times, etc... it's a challenge to knock down only that number!  We played one evening while we were at the conference-- I think it was a good ice breaker/bonding time between all of us.

Next post, I'm going to tell you about the university that I've been assigned to!!  I'm so excited!!!!  :0)

2 comments:

  1. Wow--I can just picture you riding in a mass of people on a bike! As long as it's not huffy... :)

    Love you--talk to you soon!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT Huffy, thank goodness. :D I now have a bell for it, so I can warn people when I'm coming close!! Lol.
    Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete