Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Arrived!

We're in Berlin!  We arrived Monday morning-- mid-morning, Berlin time. With tears in my eyes, my thought as the plane was pulling up to the gate was, "I'm here!"  After months of anticipation, I'm actually here.  I'm so thankful for the support of those who are sending me.
I'm grateful for the prayers for our travel-- thankfully things went smoothly, and friendly faces met us at the airport.
Today it was great to visit one of the campuses at which members of our team will be working.  We ate lunch in the cafeteria (here they're called mensas) and looked around a bit, and tomorrow we'll head to another university.
This morning I read Psalm 3:8, which says, "Salvation belongs to the LORD; your blessing be on your people!"  I feel blessed that He has called all of His people to share the news of His incredible salvation.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Laura

    How exciting to read this.....I have never blogged before....I want to hear so much about Berlin and all you want to share! How exciting to know that God has placed you in this amazing position at this time! We love ya! Always! Karen and company p.s. Kristen is in Payson as of this evening...she has already sent a picture of a cactus!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura...your mom gave us this blog address,and I have neve blogged before..so here goes! We will continue to pray for you in MIT and we want to hear everything you have to share about Berlin!
    I'm so glad you are feeling better and take good care of yourself in the days ahead. Here's hoping you find an apt. soon and will get settled in. God will get you through whatever comes your way. Blessings...Pat Cheek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Laura, love your profile photo! Your upate is so appreciated, and with tears in our eyes we thank God for you and your ministry! Know the MOMS IN TOUCH will "be in touch with God" on your behalf! As I look back we began praying for you when you were in high school, through Butler and now share in your joy. Hope the flowers are still blooming in Germany and you enjoy the "bakries"! Love, Gazela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, Pat, and Gazella-- thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement. I am so grateful for you and all that you've meant to me!! Thanks for your comments!
    P.S. Karen and Pat-- Blogging is a new experience for me, too, so we can learn together! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura

    It's been a week! Think of you often and excited to see you "live" Sunday eve when you were online with your folks! :)

    Hot and dry here and homecoming is this Friday and rain is predicted...don't think anyone will mind a few sprinkles since it's been so dry!

    Praying that you are settled and know that we love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete