Monday, November 8, 2010

Sprachschule

Sprachschule= language school.  I have begun!

Last week, two of my teammates and I arrived at the language school office, learned our classroom number and the first name of our instructor, and received a red handbook with SOS written on the front.  It's a grammar handbook.  Haven't sunk yet, but we'll see...

Some of the things I've learned so far:

Wo wohnst du? = Where do you live?

Buchstabieren, bitte. = Could you spell it, please?

Wie, bitte? = Pardon/What did you say?

Ours is such an international class.  Of the eight students, three of us are STINTers from the US, but the other five are from five different countries.

In the last class, we began to learn numbers.  This will be really helpful to master.  Currently, I most often encounter numbers auf deustch when I'm at a checkout counter... and though I try to quickly translate in my head, I almost always resort to glancing at the number on the cash register.  Sometimes the cashier will even point to it for me, understanding that I have no idea what I owe.  And though this works for now, I really want to hear and understand.

So, ich lerne deustch.

No comments:

Post a Comment