Monday, November 29, 2010

I don't say 'thank you' enough.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
I'm thankful for these good and perfect gifts, all of which I don't deserve:

Christ's righteousness.
A King who knows who I am.
The love of the King, despite that knowledge.
My sister.  I really miss her.
The encouragement and assurance of my father.
The friendship and guidance of my mother.
My church home, which really is a home:  teaching, loving, building up, and sending out.
People who give so generously so that students they may never meet can have the chance to hear about the saving work of the Lord.
Students in Berlin who are willing to have spiritual conversations.
The chance to tell them about Jesus.
Friends.  Great, great friends.
Christmas lights in the city.
Christmas in general.
Card games.  Particularly ten penny, but others, too.
A heated apartment.
Snow, which makes the cold worthwhile.
The bakery next door.
That flowers still bloom in winter.
Skype.
Somebody who knows what will happen tomorrow and next week and the rest of my life, and will work things for good.
And hope, because this is true:

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.  After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."  Heb. 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment