Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some things in my life this week.

I've already written about the fact that Berlin is like a miniature world... meaning, people from everywhere come here.  I love it.  There's so many languages... and a lot of people want to practice their English.

So, we've decided to start an English cafe group.  We're going to hang out at Starbucks, sip coffee, and talk to people who wanna practice.  How fun is that?  We meet for the first time on Friday.

Sometimes we'll check out song lyrics and texts in English, too... So I'd love to know your favorite song, poem, etc.  Maybe we'll read it one night!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night, a bunch of us met together to sing to the Lord.  We do that every week, and I'm so grateful.

There's a lot of things that I love about this time.  I love to sing.  I love to sing about the goodness of God.  I love to study something in the Bible and then pray about it with everybody else.  I love the fact that God uses this time to reveal things... cool things or convicting things.  I love that when I'm convicted of something, I can confess it to God and to others, and nobody condemns.  I love that God created music, and that He's worthy to be praised.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And I am going to shoot you."

"Dynamite.  Blow up!"

"Wait... can she shoot me?" ...  "Yep, she has a big gun."

"Jail time."  ... "Ughh.  I've spent a lot of time incarcerated."

"Finish her off..."

This is a selection from the conversation happening in my living room.  As I write this blog post, removed from the battle, my friends are threatening death.  They suggested that I blog about it, and so I am.

They're playing Bang, which is best explained as a sort of Western (sheriffs and outlaws), card-ified version of Mafia.  It's kind of a big deal on our team.  I might get in on game two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family comes to visit me in three days!!!!  

I.  Can't.  Wait.

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh! My favorite song is "In This Together" by Apoptygma Berzerk (they're Norwegian but I've heard they're fairly popular in Germany, at least at one point.) I like the song mainly for the music--the melodic transition from the bridge to the chorus is brilliant for one example. But I think the lyrics are also deeper than what they might appear to be at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug-- I'll add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete